Let me tell you how God works…if it wasn’t for me spilling the wood stain all over my porch, I would’ve never been inspired to refresh my porch with a coat of paint. Ha!
Here’s what I did for this little project:
- Removed all large items from porch. I used a leaf blower to remove small items vs. sweeping.
- I taped off all areas that I didn’t want to have the concrete paint on it. I used blue painters tape for this.
- I painted the corners and edges first with a small paintbrush.
- I used a roller for smooth and even strokes.
- I saved the area near the door for last so that I could properly exit the area without walking back over the wet paint.
- Not sure if this dried fast because it was outside or if concrete absorbs paint faster, but this was dry in about an hour and a half.
See the paint that I used in ‘Slate Grey’ in the picture below.
My porch is 19.6 ft. x 5.6 ft. and I used about 80% of the gallon. Unfortunately, if you have a small porch, this paint only comes in a gallon, so you will have to buy the entire thing.