Jump to recipe
Sizzled is clearly a better way of saying, I got distracted and forgot that my food was in the oven so it came out slightly burnt lol. While making this Sizzled Lasagna on my Instagram stories, I took a poll asking if I should post the recipe despite the visible crispiness. As you can see, y’all wanted this. It still tasted amazing and I highly recommend you don’t get distracted like me to avoid burning it any further. See recipe below and don’t forget to check out my previous recipe, Savory Chicken Salad:
1 hour, 10 minutes
Lasagna requires a ton of prep work, not recommended for a weeknight 🙂
- Lasagna noodles
- Spaghetti Sauce (to your liking or from scratch, refer to my pic for the one I use)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 lb. Ground beef/turkey
- 1 turkey sausage link (optional)
- 1 tbs. olive oil or vegetable oil
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Parsley
- Green Onions
- Seasoning (seasoning salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil salted water for lasagna noodles
- In a skillet, cook turkey/beef, sausage, green onions and parsley.
- In sauce pan, add spaghetti sauce on low heat.
- Add ingredients from skillet to sauce pan.
- Add seasonings.
- Shred Mozarella cheese and place in separate bowl with other cheese and 2 eggs.
- Drizzle bottom of lasagna pan with oil.
- Place cooked lasagna on bottom of the pan (mine holds 3)
- Add cheese mixture then sauce.
- Place another 3 sheets of lasagna noodles on top, repeat until you have about 3-4 layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 min.
- Place oven on broil for the last 5 min to achieve the brown crispy "sizzled" look.
- Let cool before serving